Anietie James Ekiko, known in the entertainment industry circuit as Ani James, is one of Nigeria’s most sought-after video directors and cinematographers. Juvenile years of watching and analysing music videos and documentaries gave him a clear direction of where he wanted to go in life.
With irrepressible self-belief and an unbridled passion for videography, Ani remained focused on his dream and worked his way to the top where he stands today amongst Africa’s A-list video directors – as Founder of AJE Filmworks Limited (AJE, coined from his initials).
In addition to acquiring international certifications in professional film production, Ani’s awe-inspiring creativity, meticulous attention to detail and untiring work ethic makes him an auteur in video production. Ani has masterminded the production of several commercials, documentaries as well as music videos for very high calibre clientele and almost every renowned artiste in Nigeria, and even beyond.
This has earned an impressive resume of awards which includes:
- Best Afro Pop Video Channel O Music Video Awards, 2011
- Best New Director Nigerian Music Video Awards (NMVA), 2012
- Best R&B video Nigerian Music Video Awards (NMVA), 2012
- Most Gifted Afro Pop Video of the Year Channel O Music Video Awards, 2012
- Best Duo Group Video Channel O Music Video Awards, 2013
- Best Highlife Video Nigerian Music Video Awards (NMVA), 2014
- Best Music Video Director Beats Awards, 2016;
and an even longer list of award nominations.